With contributions from leaders in systems and organizational modeling, behavioral and social sciences, computing and visualization, and gaming and entertainment, Organizational Simulation both articulates the grand vision of immersive environments and shows, in detail, how to realize it. This book offers unparalleled insight into the cutting edge of the field, since it was written by those who actually researched, designed, developed, deployed, marketed, sold, and critiqued today's best organizational simulations.
The coverage is divided into four sections:
* Introduction outlines the need for organizational simulation to support strategic thinking, design of unprecedented systems, and organizational learning, including the functionality and technology required to enable this support
* Behaviors covers the state of knowledge of individual, group, and team behaviors and performance, how performance can best be supported, how performance is affected by national differences, and how organizational performance can best be measured
* Modeling describes the latest approaches to modeling and simulating people, groups, teams, and organizations, as well as narrative contexts and organizational environments within which these entities act, drawing from a rich set of modeling methods and tools
* Simulations and Games illustrates a wide range of fielded simulations, games, and entertainment, including the methods and tools employed for designing, developing, deploying, and evaluating these systems, as well as the social implications for the associated communities that have emerged
Addressing all levels of organizational simulation architecture with theories and applications, and enabling technologies for each, Organizational Simulation offers students and professionals the premier reference and practical toolbox for this dynamic field.
- Rouse, William B.
- Boff, Kenneth R.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management
- Page amount
- 650 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN