Drugs-From Discovery to Approval presents a clear, step-by-step overview of the entire process. Using simple language, this comprehensive guide introduces basic concepts, then moves on to discuss disease target selection and the discovery processes for both small and large molecule drugs. Subsequent chapters explain preclinical studies, clinical trials, regulatory issues, good manufacturing practices (GMPs), and perspectives on the future. Coverage also includes:
* A helpful listing of current FDA and European guidelines
* A special section on regulatory authorities and processes in Japan and China
* Rich illustrations throughout, including more than ninety figures and tables
* Useful appendices on the history of drug discovery and development
* Representative examples of drug mechanisms in action
Written for professionals in the pharmaceutical industry, and readily accessible for students of pharmacy or medicine and others interested in drug discovery, Drugs-From Discovery to Approval represents a practical and approachable reference on this important process.
Keywords: MEDICAL / Pharmacology MED071000