This book is the premier text on the properties and applications of surfactants. The third edition is completely updated and revised, including new information on gemini surfactants (a new type of powerful surfactant), superspreading (or superwetting) by aqueous surfactant solutions of highly hydrophobic surfaces (important in agricultural applications), and dynamic surface tension (an important interfacial property not covered in the first two editions).
* Clearly explains the mechanisms by which surfactants operate in interfacial processes
* Uses a minimum of mathematics in explanation of topics, making it easy-to-understand and very user-friendly
* Problems are included at the end of each chapter
* Includes many tables of data as reference that are not compiled elsewhere
* Milton J Rosen is an expert in the field of Surfactant research
Keywords: TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Chemical & Biochemical TEC009010