Offers information needed to effectively apply IR spectroscopy to the analysis and evaluation of thin and ultrathin films on flat and rough surfaces and on powders at solid-gaseous, solid-liquid, liquid-gaseous, liquid-liquid, and solid-solid interfaces.
- Provides full discussion of theory underlying techniques
- Describes experimental methods in detail, including optimum conditions for recording spectra and the interpretation of spectra
- Gives detailed information on equipment, accessories, and techniques
- Provides IR spectroscopic data tables as appendixes, including the first compilation of published data on longitudinal frequencies of different substances
- Covers new approaches, such as Surface Enhanced IR spectroscopy (SEIR), time-resolved FTIR spectroscopy, high-resolution microspectroscopy and using synchotron radiation