—Larry O'Brien, Founding Editor, Software Development Magazine
Since the release of Design Patterns in 1994, patterns have become one of the most important new technologies contributing to software design and development. In this volume Mark Grand presents 41 design patterns that help you create more elegant and reusable designs. He revisits the 23 "Gang of Four" design patterns from the perspective of a Java programmer and introduces many new patterns specifically for Java. Each pattern comes with the complete Java source code and is diagrammed using UML.
Patterns in Java, Volume 1 gives you:
- 11 Behavioral Patterns, 9 Structural Patterns, 7 Concurrency Patterns, 6 Creational Patterns, 5 Fundamental Design Patterns, and 3 Partitioning Patterns
- Real-world case studies that illustrate when and how to use the patterns
- Introduction to UML with examples that demonstrate how to express patterns using UML
The CD-ROM contains:
- Java source code for the 41 design patterns
- Trial versions of Together/J Whiteboard Edition from Object International (www.togetherj.com); Rational Rose 98 from Rational Software (www.rational.com); System Architect from Popkin Software (www.popkin.com); and OptimizeIt from Intuitive Systems, Inc.