"An excellent text . . . will no doubt provide the benchmark for comparative works for many years."
—Journal of the American Chemical Society
"A resounding success . . . the definitive current summaries on their respective subjects."
Since this important work was first published in 1993, the field of catalytic asymmetric synthesis has grown explosively, spawning effective new methods for obtaining enantiomerically pure compounds on a large scale and stimulating new applications in diverse fields-from medicine to materials science. Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis, Second Edition addresses these rapid changes through new or substantially revised contributions from highly recognized world leaders in the field. It presents detailed accounts of the most important catalytic asymmetric reactions known today, discusses recent advances, and retains from the previous edition essential and intriguing information on the initial development of certain processes. An excellent working resource for academic researchers and industrial chemists alike, the Second Edition features:
- Contributions from Noyori, Sharpless, Kagan, Trost, Overman, Shibasaki, Doyle, Okamoto, Bolm, Carreira, and many other internationally renowned authorities
- New chapters on asymmetric carbometallations, asymmetric amplification and autocatalysis, and asymmetric polymerization
- Extended coverage of asymmetric carbene reactions, including asymmetric intramolecular carbene insertion to C-H bonds as well as asymmetric dihydroxylation and aminohydroxylation
- Extended coverage of asymmetric carbon-carbon bond-forming reactions and applications
- An appendix listing all chiral ligands in the book