Tackling issues relevant to family life today, thisauthoritative Companion
shows why studying social change in families is fundamental for understanding the transformations in individual and social life, across the globe.
- Contains original essays by expert contributors on a wide range of topics relating to the sociology of families.
- Includes coverage of social inequality, parenting practices, children’s work, the changing patterns of citizenship, and multi-cultural families.
- Gives special attention to European and North American examples.
- Discusses previously neglected groups, including immigrant families and gays and lesbians.
- Explores how revolutionary changes in aging, longevity, and sexual behavior have radically affected the experience of different generations, and the relationships between them.
Keywords: SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology / Marriage & Family SOC026010