- Ranges widely over the major themes, regions, theories and practices of postcolonial study
- Presents original essays by the leading proponents of postcolonial study in the Americas, Europe, India, Africa, East and West Asia
- Provides clear introductions to the major social and political movements underlying colonization and decolonization, accessible histories of the literature and culture, and separate regions affected by European colonization
- Features introductory essays on the major thinkers and intellectual schools that have informed strategies of national liberation worldwide
- Offers an incisive summary of the long history and theory of modern European colonization in local detail and global scale.
Keywords: LITERARY CRITICISM / General LIT000000