With contributions from well-known experts, in both industry and academia, this book presents a comprehensive coverage of the mobile display in a single volume. Ranging from an in-depth analysis of the requirements that the displays must meet, through current devices, to emerging technologies, the text features:
- mobile environment and human-factor considerations for the display;
- advances in the incumbent active matrix liquid crystal display (AMLCD) technologies;
- backlighting and light manipulation techniques;
- mobile display driver electronics and interface technologies;
- emerging technologies including active matrix organic light emitting diode (AMOLED), electronic paper displays, and system-on-glass (SOG) developments;
- application developments in eyewear, mobile projector, and 3D displays.
Mobile Displays: Technology and Applications presents, in addition to the fundamentals, a detailed update on state-of-the-art advancements. It is an invaluable resource for practicing electronics and display engineers working on the development of mobile displays and their applications. It is also an extensive reference for graduates taking special courses in display technologies.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is an international society, which has the aim of encouraging the development of all aspects of the field of information display. Complementary to the aims of the society, the Wiley-SID series is intended to explain the latest developments in information display technology at a professional level. The broad scope of the series addresses all facets of information displays from technical aspects through systems and prototypes to standards and ergonomics
Keywords: rapid; mobile; industry; growth; volume; years; consumer; mobile communications; persist; applications; integral; range; players; mp; wide; devices; ubiquitous; proliferation; significant; investment; research; products; laboratories, Optical Communications, Mobile & Wireless Communications, Optical Communications, Mobile & Wireless Communications