With contributions from some of the world’s leading researchers in silicon photonics, this book collates the latest advances in the technology. Silicon Photonics: the State of the Art opens with a highly informative foreword, and continues to feature:
- the integrated photonic circuit;
- silicon photonic waveguides;
- photonic bandgap waveguides;
- mechanisms for optical modulation in silicon;
- silicon based light sources;
- optical detection technologies for silicon photonics;
- passive silicon photonic devices;
- photonic and electronic integration approaches;
- applications in communications and sensors.
Silicon Photonics: the State of the Art covers the essential elements of the entire field that is silicon photonics and is therefore an invaluable text for photonics engineers and professionals working in the fields of optical networks, optical communications, and semiconductor electronics. It is also an informative reference for graduate students studying for PhD in fibre optics, integrated optics, optical networking, microelectronics, or telecommunications.