The second module of the book focuses on the layout strategies of the automotive production line. A discussion of automotive aggregate planning and master production scheduling ensures that the reader is familiar with operational aspects. The book also reviews the energy emissions and expenditures of automotive production processes and proposes new technical solutions to reduce environmental impact.
- Provides extensive technical coverage of automotive production processes, discussing flexible stamping, welding and painting lines
- Gives complete information on automotive production costing as well as the supplier selection process
- Covers systems from the operational perspective, describing the aggregate and master production planning
- Details technical aspects of flexible automotive manufacturing lines
- Methodically discusses the layout and location strategies of automotive manufacturing systems to encompass the structural elements
- Features topic-related questions with answers on a companion website