A promising application of these advanced coding techniques, the Turbo-principle (also known as iterative processing), is illustrated through an in-depth discussion of Turbo-MIMO, Turbo-Equalization, and Turbo-Interleaving techniques. Finally, the book presents the status of major standardization activities currently implementing such techniques, with special interest in 3GPP UMTS, LTE, WiMAX, IEEE 802.11n, DVB-RCS, DVB-S2, and IEEE 802.22. As a result, the book coherently brings together academic and industry vision by providing readers with a uniquely comprehensive view of the whole topic, whilst also giving an understanding of leading-edge techniques.
- Includes detailed coverage of coding, decoding, design, and optimization approaches for advanced codes
- Provides up to date research findings from both highly reputed academics and industry standpoints
- Presents the latest status of standardization activities for Wireless Systems related to advanced coding
- Describes real-world implementation aspects by giving insights into architecture solutions for both LDPC and Turbo-codes
- Examines the most advanced and promising concepts of turbo-processing applications: Turbo-MIMO, Turbo-Equalization, Turbo-Interleaving