- Greater in-depth coverage of kinship problems now covered in two separate chapters: one dealing with relationships between living individuals and the other covering identification of human remains.
- New chapter on non-human forensic genetics, including identification of bacteria and viruses, animals and plants.
- Self assessment questions to aid student understanding throughout the text.
- Now with full colour illustrations throughout
- New companion website
- Accessible introduction to forensic genetics, from the collection of evidence to the presentation of evidence in a legal context.
Included in the Forensic Science Society 'Essentials in Forensic Science' book series. This edition is to be included in the Forensic Science Society 'Essentials of Forensic Science' book series aimed at advanced level undergraduates and new practitioners to the field.