Digital Video Distribution in Broadband, Television, Mobile and Converged Networks: Trends, Challenges and Solutions
Fully illustrated throughout to help explain the fundamental concepts of digital media distribution, Digital Video Distribution in Broadband, Television, Mobile and Converged Networks is divided into three major parts starting initially with the basic industry trends that have been driving the adoption of video and making its distribution over the Internet an economically viable solution.
This is followed with detail descriptions of challenges and solutions in distributing video in ‘open’ networks such as the Internet. The final part focuses on the challenges and solutions for distributing video in ‘closed’ networks such as the managed network of Telcos.
- Provides an A to Z of digital video distribution featuring technology, business, research, products and case studies.
- Features research topics exploring P2P Streaming, Digital Video Distribution over Disruption-Tolerant Networks and Scalable Video on Demand.
- Includes real world product descriptions on Transcoders, such as Rhozet, and IPTV Quality of Service Monitoring product, such as Ineoquest.
- Paul, Sanjoy
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 384 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN