A Critical Resource with Information You Won't Find Anywhere Else.
Dentists of all specialties prescribe drugs for their patients, from pain medications to sedatives to antibiotics, and know all too well thatmaking an evidenced-based decision on which drug to prescribe is more than just looking up a drug on the computer or PDA and requires more comprehensive consideration than the current drug reference books offer.
For example, should an antibiotic be prescribed for implant placement or for sinus augmentation procedures? If so, what antibiotic is recommended (backed up with references), when should it be started, and for how long? Which is the antibiotic of choice for an odontogenic infection and how do you know if that antibiotic is working?
Improve Your Decision Making with this Essential Guide.
The Dentist’s Drug and Prescription Guide is the only book to offer comprehensive coverage of this topic and has quickly become the go-to reference for dental students, general dentists, periodontists, oral surgeons, dental hygienists.
Written for dental professionals seeking quick advice on prescribing medications for their patients, the bookoffers:
- An easy-to-read question-and-answer format, the text describes evidenced-based pharmacologic therapy with current and up-to-date references regarding adjunctive pharmacologic treatment of the dental patient
- Easy-to-follow drug tables that summarize the main pharmacologic features of the different disciplines, including periodontics, implantology, oral surgery, and endodontics, with recommendations for pharmacologic treatment with periodontal and implant surgery as well as treatment of periodontal diseases, dental pain, and infection
- Detailed strategies to manage and prevent drug interactions in the dental practice
- Instructions and guidelines for the patient on how to take the drugs (e.g., to avoid GI upset when taking antibiotics acidophilus or yogurt can be taken).
- Plus,sample prescriptions, coverage of proper documentation in the patient's chart, and more!
Order your copy today!
Keywords: guide; prescription; medications; dentists; quick; professionals seeking; dental; prescribing; patients; questionandanswer; easy; format; references; adjunctive; pharmacologic; describes; treatment; regarding; therapy; current; patient; drug, General Dentistry, Periodontology, General Dentistry, Periodontology