Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is a highly practical reference covering all aspects of caring for canine and feline surgical patients.
- Covers all tasks associated with small animal surgical patient care, from the initial exam and beyond discharge
- Offers clear descriptions of common surgical assisting procedures and their etiology
- Presents 285 full-color clinical photographs to demonstrate common surgical instruments and assisting procedures and patient care
- Includes chapters on the history and physical examination, pre-operative planning, asepsis, surgical assisting, procedures, wound management, postoperative care, and aftercare
- Includes access to a companion website with review questions and answers and the figures from the book in PowerPoint
Keywords: Surgery; preoperative; perioperative; postoperative; operating; surgical; assisting; canine; feline; dog; cat; aftercare; patient care; procedures, Veterinary Surgery, Orthopedics & Trauma, Veterinary Medicine / Small Animal General, Veterinary Surgery, Orthopedics & Trauma, Veterinary Medicine - Small Animal General