Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is a highly practical reference covering all aspects of caring for canine and feline surgical patients. Covering the entire perioperative period, the book encompasses preoperative triage, history taking, physical examination, and medications; surgical assisting and the technician’s role in the surgical suite; and postoperative treatment, discharge, and follow-up. Common soft tissue, orthopedic, and emergency surgical assisting procedures are detailed in a heavily illustrated, step-by-step format.
Logically organized by chronology, the book offers a complete sequential guide to the technician’s role in small animal surgeries, from the time the patient enters the clinic through recovering at home. Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is an invaluable resource for veterinary technicians and veterinary technology students, particularly those looking to earn their surgery specialty certification or enhance their contributions in the surgical suite and improve general patient care.
- Covers all tasks associated with small animal surgical patient care, from the initial exam and beyond discharge
- Offers clear descriptions of common surgical assisting procedures and their etiology
- Presents more than 300 full-color clinical photographs to demonstrate common surgical instruments and assisting procedures and patient care
- Includes chapters on the history and physical examination, pre-operative planning, asepsis, surgical assisting, procedures, wound management, postoperative care, and aftercare
- Provides veterinary technicians and veterinary technology students with a complete guide to their invaluable role in the surgical team
- Includes access to a companion website with review questions and answers and the figures from the book in PowerPoint at www.wiley.com/go/holzman/surgical