This book presents both the fundamentals concepts and latestachievements of a field that is growing in importance since itrepresents a possible solution for global energy problems. It focuses on an atomic-level understanding ofheterogeneous catalysis involved in important energy conversionprocesses. It presents a concise picture for the entire areaof heterogeneous catalysis with vision at the atomic- and nano-scales, from synthesis, ex-situ and in-situ characterization,catalytic activity and selectivity, to mechanistic understandingbased on experimental exploration and theoretical simulation.
- Addresses heterogeneous catalysis, one of the crucialtechnologies employed within the chemical and energyindustries
- Presents the recent advances in the synthesis andcharacterization of nanocatalysts as well as a mechanisticunderstanding of catalysis at atomic level for important processesof energy conversion
- Provides a foundation for the potential design ofrevolutionarily new technical catalysts and thus the furtherdevelopment of efficient technologies for the global energyeconomy
- Includes both theoretical studies and experimentalexploration
- Is useful as both a textbook for graduate and undergraduatestudents and a reference book for scientists and engineers inchemistry, materials science, and chemical engineering
Keywords: Heterogeneous Catalysis, Heterogeneous catalysis
Heterogeneous catalysis, atomic and nano scales, ex-situ and in-situ studies, theoretical approach, experimental techniques, structural control, catalytic activity and selectivity, electronic structure, reaction mechanism