Miller, Bruce B.
Your Church in Rhythm: The Forgotten Dimensions of Seasons and Cycles
Bruce Miller debunks the idea of balance—basically trying to have it all, all the time. Most churches and their pastors try to do everything at once and feel guilty if any one aspect (worship, ministries, outreach, etc.) is neglected. He replaces the exhausting concept of balance with the idea of rhythm: churches, like people, need to give attention to different programs and ministries at different times, basically by attending to their seasons and cycles.
- Offers an innovative new model for church leaders
- Miller has been influential in the formation and promotion of “Church-Based Training” as in international movement
- Offers a proven method for avoiding burnout for church leaders and members by doing the right things at the right time
The author offers much-need help to overwhelmed leaders and shows them how to apply Miller’s seasonal/cyclical approach to church life.
Keywords: pastors and burnout, pastors and stress, church leaders and stress, church leaders and stress, ministers and stress, ministers and burnout, church members and burnout, church members and stress, finding balance in ministry, church leaders and balance, seasonal approach to stress, cyclical approach to stress
- Miller, Bruce B.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Jossey-Bass Leadership Network Series
- Page amount
- 240 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN