The text includes:
- Fundamental basis for explosions
- Explosive and flammable behavior and characteristics of materials
- Different types of explosions
- Fire and explosion hazard recognition
- Practical methods for preventing explosions or minimizing the potential consequences
- Additional references
Understanding Explosions provides a practical understanding of explosion fundamentals, including the different types of explosions, the explosive and flammable behavior of materials, and the hazards related to fires and explosions. It also discusses practical methods to prevent and minimize the probability and consequence of an explosion during routine use of flammable, combustible and/or reactive materials.