If you are a network professional who knows C programming, this practical book is for you. Focused on how to implement Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS), this book guides you through all necessary steps, whether or not you have a working knowledge of cryptography. The book covers SSLv2, TLS 1.0, and TLS 1.2, including implementations of the relevant cryptographic protocols, secure hashing, certificate parsing, certificate generation, and more.
- Understanding Internet Security
- Protecting against Eavesdroppers with Symmetric Cryptography
- Secure Key Exchange over an Insecure Medium with Public Key Cryptography
- Authenticating Communications Using Digital Signatures
- Creating a Network of Trust Using X.509 Certificates
- A Usable, Secure Communications Protocol: Client-Side TLS
- Adding Server-Side TLS 1.0 Support
- Advanced SSL Topics
- Adding TLS 1.2 Support to Your TLS Library
- Other Applications of SSL
- A Binary Representation of Integers: A Primer
- Installing TCPDump and OpenSSL
- Understanding the Pitfalls of SSLv2
Set up and launch a working implementation of SSL with this practical guide.
Keywords: Books on SSL, books on TLS, books on implementing security, guide to implementing network security, how to implement network security, implementing network security with SSL and TLS, instructions on secure socket layers, guide to transport layer security, books on cryptography, updates in cryptography, guide to cryptography, introduction to SSL and cryptography, cryptography guide, cryptography introduction, secure hashing, certificate parsing, how to implement internet security, instructions on SSL, instructions on TLS, SSLv2, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.2, guide to HTTP proxy support, HTTP proxies and SSL, Ssl, tls, cryptography, pki, transport layer security, secure socket layer, email encryption, vpn security, secure ftp, vpn firewall, secure ftp server, ssl ftp client, app security, commercial pki, pki card reader, hard drive encryption, pc security software, kpi reporting, http, https, rsa, public key cryptography, symmetric cryptography, rsa software token, rsa securid software token, http proxy support, digital signature algorithms, md5, dsa, sha 1, asn 1, hmac, email encryption, x 509 certificates, ecdsa