The ultimate "tricks of the trade" guide to mergers and acquisitions
Mergers and Acquisitions Playbook provides the practical tricks of the trade on how to get maximum value for a middle-market business. This book uniquely covers how to prepare for a sale, how to present the business most positively, and how to control the sale timetable.
- Written in a straight-talking style
- Provides the tricks of the trade on how to get maximum value for a middle-market business
- Shows how the sellers can take capitalize their inherent "unfair advantages"
- Examines the differences between "value" and "currency"
- Explains how to handle bankruptcy and distress company sales
- Offers tips on managing your lawyers in the documentation process
Filled with empirical examples of successful-and unsuccessful-techniques, this practical guide takes you through every step of the M&A process, from how to manage confidentiality, how to create competition (or the impression of competition), to what to do once the deal is closed.
Keywords: Mark A. Filippell, mergers and acquisitions, M&As, Mergers and Acquisitions from A to Z, 2nd Edition, Andrew J. Sherman, Milledge A. Hart, Mergers and Acquisitions in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition, Dale A. Oesterle, Unlocking the Value of Your Business: How to Increase It, Measure It, and Negotiate an Actual Sale Price - Valuation in Easy, Step-by-Step Terms, Third Edition, purchasing firm shareholders, selling firm shareholders, state corporate codes, triangular acquisition, deal protection measures, entire fairness test, floating exchange ratio, stock swap merger, enhanced scrutiny test, exchange tender offer, merger exception, poison pill plans, stock cancelled, issuer tender offers, appraisal rights, target shareholders, interested stockholder, purchasing corporation, unwanted bidder, constituent corporations, acquiring corporation, statutory merger, favored bidder, triangular merger, successor liability