Sets the stage for environmentally friendly industrial organic syntheses
From basic principles to new and emerging industrial applications, this book offers comprehensive coverage of heterogeneous liquid-phase selective oxidation catalysis. It fully examines the synthesis, characterization, and application of catalytic materials for environmentally friendly organic syntheses. Readers will find coverage of all the important classes of catalysts, with an emphasis on their stability and reusability.
Liquid Phase Oxidation via Heterogeneous Catalysis features contributions from an international team of leading chemists representing both industry and academia. The book begins with a chapter on environmentally benign oxidants and then covers:
- Selective oxidations catalyzed by TS-1 and other metal-substituted zeolites
- Selective catalytic oxidation over ordered nanoporous metallo-aluminophosphates
- Selective oxidations catalyzed by mesoporous metal-silicates
- Liquid phase oxidation of organic compounds by supported metal-based catalysts
- Selective liquid phase oxidations in the presence of supported polyoxometalates
- Selective oxidations catalyzed by supported metal complexes
- Liquid phase oxidation of organic compounds by metal-organic frameworks
- Heterogeneous photocatalysis for selective oxidations with molecular oxygen
All the chapters dedicated to specific types of catalysts follow a similar organization and structure, making it easy to compare the advantages and disadvantages of different catalysts. The final chapter examines the latest industrial applications, such as the production of catechol and hydroquinone, cyclohexanone oxime, and propylene oxide.
With its unique focus on liquid phase heterogeneous oxidation catalysis, this book enables researchers in organic synthesis and oxidation catalysis to explore and develop promising new catalytic materials and synthetic routes for a broad range of industrial applications.
Keywords: green chemistry processes, industrial organic synthesis, pharmaceutical catalysts, environmentally friendly chemistry, green catalysis, sustainable chemistry, liquid phase oxidation, large scale syntheses, heterogeneous liquid phase oxidation, selective oxidation, heterogeneous catalysis, heterogeneous catalysts, clean oxidants, organic synthesis, environmentally benign processes, industrial processes, molecular sieves, supported catalysts, Catalysis, Industrial Chemistry, Catalysis, Industrial Chemistry