Essential information on how to protect data in virtual environments!
Virtualization is changing the data center architecture and as a result, data protection is is quickly evolving as well. This unique book, written by an industry expert with over eighteen years of data storage/backup experience, shows you how to approach, protect, and manage data in a virtualized environment. You'll get up to speed on data protection problems, explore the data protection technologies available today, see how to adapt to virtualization, and more. The book uses a "good, better, best" approach, exploring best practices for backup, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuity, and more.
- Covers best practices and essential information on protecting data in virtualized enterprise environments
- Shows you how to approach, protect, and manage data while also meeting such challenges as return on investment, existing service level agreements (SLAs), and more
- Helps system and design architects understand data protection issues and technologies in advance, so they can design systems to meet the challenges
- Explains how to make absolutely critical services such as file services and e-mail more available without sacrificing protection
- Offers best practices and solutions for backup, availability, disaster recovery, and others
This is a must-have guide for any Windows server and application administrator who is charged with data recovery and maintaining higher uptimes.
Keywords: books on data protection, how to protect data in virtualized networks, virtualization disaster recovery guide, data protection and recovery, data protection software, data storage, disaster recovery planning, disaster recovery software, disaster recovery solutions, server virtualization, storage virtualization, high availability