With limited access to credit and short term funding, it is increasingly important that companies focus on working capital management to free up funds and optimize liqidity. Written in the easy-to-follow Essentials Series style, Essentials of Working Capital Management covers the main components of working capital.
- Covers the latest trends around working capital
- Discusses a range of working capital topics, including cash management, banking relations, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, and foreign exchange
- Analyzes the efficient utilization of current assets and liabilities of a business through each phase of the operating cycle
- Examines the planning, monitoring, and management of the company's collections, disbursements and concentration banking
- Explores the gathering and management of information and forecast data to effectively use funds and identify risk
Focused on how businesses can continue to be successful in these difficult times, specifically in relation to the limited credit available to businesses, this book puts practical guidance at your fingertips so you can put them to work right away. A comprehensive case introduces each major section of the book, and suggested solutions are included in a book appendix.
Keywords: working capital management, james sagner, corporate finance, asset based financing, raising capital, capital structure, enterprise resource planning, bank technology, lockbox, controlled disbursement, bank relationship management, line of credit, (bank) account analysis, cash budgeting, comprehensive payables, float, forecasting, ACH, financial statements, foreign exchange, international working capital, ratio analysis, request-for-proposal, enterprise risk management, supply chain management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sweep, treasury