Spira, Jonathan B.
Overload! How Too Much Information is Hazardous to your Organization
This groundbreaking book reveals how different kinds of information overload impact workers and businesses as a whole. It helps businesses get a grip on the financial and human costs of e-mail overload and interruptions and details how working in an information overloaded environment impacts employee productivity, efficiency, and morale.
- Explains how information?often in the form of e-mail messages, reports, news, Web sites, RSS feeds, blogs, wikis, instant messages, text messages, Twitter, and video conferencing walls?bombards and dulls our senses
- Explores what we do with information
- Documents how we created more and more information over centuries
- Reveals what all this information is doing
Timely and thought-provoking, Overload! addresses the reality of?and solutions for?a problem to which no one is immune.
Keywords: Jonathan Spira, information overload, Basex, Information Overload Research Group, Glut, e-mail overload, e-mail, information management, knowledge management, information worker, knowledge worker, knowledge economy, information age
- Spira, Jonathan B.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 256 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN