This book, with contributions from today's major players and leading start-ups, comprehensively describes both the new approaches and the responses of the incumbents, with detailed descriptions of the design philosophy, architecture, technology maturity and software support.
- Analysis of SDR baseband processing requirements of cellular handsets and basestations
- 3G handset baseband - ASIC, DSP, parallel processing, ACM and customised programmable architectures
- 3G basestation baseband - DSP (including co-processors), FPGA-based approaches, reconfigurable and parallel architectures
- Architecture optimisation to match 3G air interface and application algorithms
- Evolution of existing DSP, ASIC & FPGA solutions
- Assessment of the architectural approaches and the implications of the trends.
An essential resource for the 3G product designer, who needs to understand immediate design options within a wider context of future product roadmaps, the book will also benefit researchers and commercial managers who need to understand this rapid evolution of baseband signal processing and its industry impact.