In this groundbreaking book the authors present novel computational models for cost optimization of large scale, realistic structures, subjected to the actual constraints of commonly used design codes.
As the first book on the subject this book:
- Contains detailed step-by-step algorithms
- Focuses on novel computing techniques such as genetic algorithms, fuzzy logic, and parallel computing
- Covers both Allowable Stress Design (ASD) and Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) codes
- Includes realistic design examples covering large-scale, high-rise building structures
- Presents computational models that enable substantial cost savings in the design of structures
Fully automated structural design and cost optimization is where large-scale design technology is heading, thus Cost Optimization of Structures: Fuzzy Logic, Genetic Algorithms, and Parallel Computing will be of great interest to civil and structural engineers, mechanical engineers, structural design software developers, and architectural engineers involved in the design of structures and life-cycle cost optimisation. It is also a pioneering text for graduate students and researchers working in building design and structural optimization.