Phase Lock Loops & Frequency Synthesis examines the various components that make up the phase lock loop design, including oscillators (crystal, voltage controlled), dividers and phase detectors. Interaction amongst the various components are also discussed. Real world problems such as power supply noise, shielding, grounding and isolation are given comprehensive coverage and solved examples with MATHCAD programs are presented throughout.
* Presents a comprehesive study of phase lock loops and frequency synthesis in communication systems
* Written by an internationally-recognised expert in the field
* Details the problem of spurious signals in PLL frequency synthesizers, a topic neglected by available competing titles
* Provides detailed theorectical background coupled with practical examples of state-of-the-art device design
* MATHCAD programs and simulation software to accompany the design exercises and examples
This combination of thorough theoretical treatment and guidance on practical applications will appeal to mobile communication circuit designers and advanced electrical engineering students.