Allenby, Greg M.
Bayesian Statistics and Marketing
Bayesian Statistics and Marketing describes the basic advantages of the Bayesian approach, detailing the nature of the computational revolution. Examples contained include household and consumer panel data on product purchases and survey data, demand models based on micro-economic theory and random effect models used to pool data among respondents. The book also discusses the theory and practical use of MCMC methods.
Written by the leading experts in the field, this unique book:
- Presents a unified treatment of Bayesian methods in marketing, with common notation and algorithms for estimating the models.
- Provides a self-contained introduction to Bayesian methods.
- Includes case studies drawn from the authorsâ€™ recent research to illustrate how Bayesian methods can be extended to apply to many important marketing problems.
- Is accompanied by an R package, bayesm, which implements all of the models and methods in the book and includes many datasets. In addition the bookâ€™s website hosts datasets and R code for the case studies.
Keywords: Marketing & Sales, Marketing & Sales
- Allenby, Greg M.
- McCulloch, Rob
- Rossi, Peter E.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Page amount
- 368 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN