Detection Algorithms for Wireless Communications: With Applications to Wired and Storage Systems
This book proposes a unified approach to detection for stochastic channels, with particular attention to wireless channels. The core idea is to show that the three main criteria of sequence detection, symbol detection and graph-based detection, can all be described within a general framework. This implies that a detection algorithm based on one criterion can be extended to the other criteria in a systematic manner.
- Presents a detailed analysis of statistical signal detection for digital signals transmitted over wireless communications
- Provides a unifying framework for different signal detection algorithms, such as sequence detection, symbol detection and graph-based detection, important for the design of modern digital receivers operating over mobile channels
- Features the hot topic of graph-based detection
Detection Algorithms for Wireless Communications represents a novel contribution with respect to the current literature, with a unique focus on detection algorithms, as such it will prove invaluable to researchers working in academia and industry and in the field of wireless communications, as well as postgraduate students attending advanced courses on mobile communications.
Keywords: TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Telecommunications TEC041000
- Colavolpe, Giulio
- Ferrari, Gianluigi
- Raheli, Riccardo
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 426 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN