Wireless Foresight: Scenarios of the Mobile World in 2015
Written in a highly accessible and simple to read manner, this book is based around four scenarios of the wireless world in 2015. The focus is on the industry (i.e. infrastructure and terminal vendors, operators, and service developers and providers) as well as on new players.
- Discusses the long-term developments described in the four scenarios and also short term issues, for example the challenges facing industry.
- Uncovers important areas for technological research and discusses the critical challenges facing industry, for example; the high cost for infrastructure, the slow spectrum release, the stampeding system complexity, radiation, battery capacity, and the threat of a disruptive market change facing the telecommunications industry.
- Offers a global approach whereby developments from around the world are described.
- Employs the method of building full-scale scenarios as opposed to just identifying trends and making predictions.
Wireless Foresight is an invaluable and provocative read for top and middle management, strategists, business developers, technology managers, and entrepreneurs in the telecom, datacom and infocom industries alike. It is also of great interest to financial analysts and academics.
Keywords: TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Telecommunications TEC041000
- Bria, Aurelian
- Karlson, Bo
- Lind, Jonas
- Lönnqvist, Peter
- Norlin, Cristian
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 246 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN