Now in a second edition, Biochemistry of Inorganic Polyphosphates fills the need for an exhaustive resource on inorganic polyphosphate metabolism. The authors describe the structure and properties of these compounds and presents a comparative analysis of the newest and traditional methods of their extraction from cells. Distribution of polyphosphates in organisms, their localization in cells and tissues is also described.
- Comprehensive presentation of inorganic polyphosphate metabolism
- Follows polyphosphates in cells of organisms from different stages of evolution
- Presents methods for the analysis and study of polyP-dependent enzymes
- Comprehensive information on genetics, metabolism and biotechnology of polyphosphates
- Textbook and reference work on all aspects of polyphosphates