* The design concepts associated with non-geostationary satellite systems (constellation, link budgets, Doppler)
* The concepts of UMTS (network architecture, aims, in the context of IMT-2000) and the role foreseen for the satellite component (complementary to terrestrial network, network extension, global availability)
* Inter-working between satellite and terrestrial networks (network architecture, ATM Adaptation Layer)
* Radio interface technologies (WB-CDMA, TDMA, transmission environment)
* Regulatory issues
* Future services and applications
* Potential satellite markets (prediction techniques, effect of tariffing policies on potential market)
With leading edge information, this valuable resource will be indispensable to researchers, engineers, operators and market evaluators in satellite service industries and research institutions, as well as postgraduates and research students in the field.