A comprehensive guide to bridge design
Bridge Design - Concepts and Analysisprovides a unique approach, combining the fundamentals of concept design and structural analysis of bridges in a single volume. The book discusses design solutions from the authors’ practical experience and provides insights into conceptual design with concrete, steel or composite bridge solutions as alternatives.
- Principal design concepts and analysis are dealt with in a unified approach.
- Execution methods and evolution of the static scheme during construction are dealt with for steel, concrete and composite bridges.
- Aesthetics and environmental integration of bridges are considered as an issue for concept design.
- Bridge analysis, including modelling and detail design aspects, is discussed for different bridge typologies and structural materials.
- Specific design verification aspects are discussed on the basis of present design rules in Eurocodes.
The book is an invaluable guide for postgraduate students studying bridge design, bridge designers and structural engineers.
Keywords: abutments; anchoring; approach span; arch structures; backwater; barrier rail; beam; beams; bearing; bearing pile; bedrock; bent cap; bridge aesthetics; bridge analysis; bridge concepts; bridge conceptual design; bridge deck; bridge design; bridge designers; bridge environments; bridge modelling; bridge sites; bridge structural analysis; bridge structural materials; bridge typologies; buckling; camber; composite bridges; conceptual design; concrete bridges; condition ratings; crashworthy; culverts; deck; diversion channel; drilled shaft; embankment; end treatment; flat plates; flood frequency; footing; freeboard; functionally obsolete; girders; headwall; parapet; pier; piers; pile; prestressed concrete; reinforced concrete; revetment; rip rap; scour; simple span; skew; slabs; span; static scheme; static system; steel bridges; structural engineers; structural safety; structurally deficient; substructure; superstructure; tendon; towers; truss structures; vault structures; walls; wearing surface; wing walls, General & Introductory Civil Engineering & Construction, General & Introductory Civil Engineering & Construction