Chinnovation: How Chinese Innovators are Changing the World
Well, not quite.
Drawing on a wealth of on-the-ground stories and thorough research, Chinnovation: How Chinese Innovators Are Changing the World shows how Chinese companies of every stripe have dispelled this myth and overcome the barriers to successful, profitable innovation.
- How did Neil Shen, co-founder of CTRIP Capital China, see the opportunity for a Chinese travel site?
- How did Ray Zhang, CEO of Ehi, scale up one of the most innovative hybrid car-rental companies in China?
- How did Zhang Tao, CEO of Dianping, start a ZAGAT-inspired user-review site for restaurants and establish a continuous process of innovation?
Yinglan Tan has spent more than five years learning the secrets of Chinese innovators, a fast-growing subculture playing key roles in China's transformative transition from "Made in China" to "Innovated in China." Learn:
- What is the path that an innovative Chinese private-owned enterprise take?
- How blue-chip innovators remix business models successfully in China?
- What are the capabilities that these innovative companies acquire?
- How they harness the necessary resources and navigate around legal restrictions?
- How do they attract, train and retain talent?
- How do these companies experiment with innovative approaches and also manage the risk of innovation?
- What are the lessons learnt and how would these entrepreneurial innovators advise others who are embarking on the same journey?
China's rapid economic growth has made it a crucial market but multinational corporations are now competing with China's own homegrown businesses. Chinnovation: How Chinese Innovators Are Changing The World uncovers the common threads amongst Chinese entrepreneurs as they reach into a wider world.
Keywords: Strategic Management
- Tan, Yinglan
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 288 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN