Created for banking and finance professionals with a desire to expand their management skill set, this book focuses on operational risk and operational risk events, as distinct from other types of functional risks. It was written by the experts at the world-renowned Hong Kong Institute of Bankers, an organization dedicated to providing the international banking community with education and training.
- Schools you in techniques for analyzing the operational risk exposure of banking institutions and assessing how operational risk impacts on other types of risk
- Provides expert guidance on how to design, plan and implement systems for operational risk management and quality control
- Describes a comprehensive approach to operational risk management that includes data collection, modeling and an overall risk management structure
- Shows you how to develop operational risk management solutions to help your company minimize losses without negatively impacting its ability to generate gains
- Offers expert guidance on various regulatory frameworks and how the latest Basel II and Basel III requirements impact a bank's operational risk management strategy and framework
Keywords: Finance & Investments Special Topics, banking, banking risks, banking risk management, operational risk, operational risk management for bankers, operational risk in financial institutions, managing operational risk in financial institutions, understanding operational risk, what is operational risk, master operational risk, banking operational risk model, banking law, financial regulation, bank compliance, financial services compliance, operational risk management tools, operational risk management techniques, operational risk management case studies, operational risk in financial institutions case studies, operational risk management in financial institution best practices