Dr. Frank Gallo, the Greater China Chief Leadership Consultant for Hewitt Associates, offers sage advice on effective leadership practices for the China market. His key areas of focus include:
- the unique challenge and complex issues of leading a firm or division in China
- major areas of cultural differences such as teamwork, decision-making and
- employee motivation, between Chinese and Western business practices
- common areas of misunderstanding such as truth versus courteousness; managing a hierarchy versus empowerment; and dealing with the role of the individual rather than the rule of law
- implementing effective leadership strategies and development with a Chinese company.
This timely book will ensure a harmonious leadership style that draws out the best from both Western and Chinese business practices.