Bhattacharyya, A. B.
Compact MOSFET Models for VLSI Design
Practicing designers, students, and educators in the semiconductor field face an ever expanding portfolio of MOSFET models. In Compact MOSFET Models for VLSI Design , A.B. Bhattacharyya presents a unified perspective on the topic, allowing the practitioner to view and interpret device phenomena concurrently using different modeling strategies. Readers will learn to link device physics with model parameters, helping to close the gap between device understanding and its use for optimal circuit performance. Bhattacharyya also lays bare the core physical concepts that will drive the future of VLSI development, allowing readers to stay ahead of the curve, despite the relentless evolution of new models.
- Adopts a unified approach to guide students through the confusing array of MOSFET models
- Links MOS physics to device models to prepare practitioners for real-world design activities
- Helps fabless designers bridge the gap with off-site foundries
- Features rich coverage of:
- quantum mechanical related phenomena
- Si-Ge strained-Silicon substrate
- non-classical structures such as Double Gate MOSFETs
- Presents topics that will prepare readers for long-term developments in the field
- Includes solutions in every chapter
- Can be tailored for use among students and professionals of many levels
- Comes with MATLAB code downloads for independent practice and advanced study
This book is essential for students specializing in VLSI Design and indispensible for design professionals in the microelectronics and VLSI industries. Written to serve a number of experience levels, it can be used either as a course textbook or practitioner’s reference.
Access the MATLAB code, solution manual, and lecture materials at the companion website: www.wiley.com/go/bhattacharyya
- Bhattacharyya, A. B.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 512 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN