This is the first book to bring together the fundamentals of microwaves, microwave heating, interaction of microwaves with metals, and its application to other materials. The authors have combined numerous research results from a wide range of sources alongside their own work in the field. Also included are overviews of microwave heating of other non-metal materials and the equipment used for microwave-assisted metallurgy. With microwave techniques poised for widespread adoption, Microwaves and Metals
is an essential text for all metallurgists and materials engineers.
- Provides a thorough grounding in microwave fundamentals and their application to metals processing
- A convenient source for research currently spread among numerous conference proceedings and journals
- Liberal use of graphics for readers to compare and benchmark research results
- Includes additional coverage on microwave processing of non-metal materials
- Introduces all the necessary equipment, preparing readers for real-world practice
Keywords: TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Material Science TEC021000