Fully revised, this second edition of [start italics]Projection Displays[end italics] provides up-to-date coverage of the optical and mechanical systems in electronic projection displays. It takes into account major new developments in the many technologies needed to manufacture a projector display system. It presents a comprehensive review of projector architectures, systems, components and devices. Key new and updated features include:
- new material on light sources for projection displays;
- updated information on the human factors of projection displays including color gamuts, resolution and speckle;
- coverage of new image generating systems including LCOS and scanned laser systems;
- up to date information on front and rear projection screens;
- practical examples of projection display applications;
- models for predicting the performance of optical and mechanical systems
This book is aimed at practicing engineers and researchers involved in the research, development, design and manufacture of projection displays. It includes key aspects from the many technologies contributing to projection systems such as illumination sources, optical design, electronics, semiconductor design, microdisplay systems and mechanical engineering. The book will also be of interest to graduate students taking courses in display technology and imaging science, as well as students of the many other engineering, physics and optics disciplines that lead into the field of projection displays.