Put the power of Excel formulas and functions to work for you!
Excel is a complex program. Mastering the use of formulas and functions lets you use Excel to compute useful day-to-day information, such as calculating the true cost of credit card purchases or comparing 15-year and 30-year mortgage costs. This fun and friendly book demystifies Excel's built-in functions so you can put them to work.
You'll find step-by-step instructions on 150 of Excel's most useful functions, how they work within formulas, and how to use them to make your life easier.
- See how to use 150 of Excel's most useful functions, with real-world examples showing how each function is used within a formula
- Learn to calculate the costs of leasing versus buying a car, compute classroom grades, create an amortization table, or evaluate investment performance
- Fully updated for Excel 2010, but the principles will work with earlier versions of Excel as well
- Includes essential coverage of an additional 85 functions
In the ever-popular, non-threatening For Dummies style, Excel Formulas and Functions For Dummies, 2nd Edition makes Excel's power accessible to you.
Visually explore the range of built-in and third-party libraries of Perl and Apache
Perl and Apache have been providing Common Gateway Interface (CGI) access to Web sites for 20 years and are constantly evolving to support the ever-changing demands of Internet users. With this book, you will heighten your knowledge and see how to usePerl and Apache to develop dynamic Web sites.
Beginning with a clear, step-by-step explanation of how to install Perl and Apache on both Windows and Linux servers, you then move on to configuring each to securely provide CGI Services. CGI developer and author Adam McDaniel shows techniques for effectively developing and maintaining dynamic sites and he shares real-world examples describing MySQL database access, PayPal credit-card transactions, and sample Facebook and Twitter interfaces.
- Apache and Perl have been providing Common Gateway Interface (CGI) access to Internet Web sites for more than two decades, and both products are constantly evolving to support today's user requirements
- Shows how to install Perl and Apache on Windows and Linux servers and configure each to securely provide CGI services
- Details techniques for effectively developing and maintaining dynamic Web sites
- Addresses MySQL database access and PayPal credit-card transactions, and examines sample Facebook and Twitter interfaces
With this book, you'll benefit from a wealth of techniques and resources that you won't find anywhere else.
Keywords: learn to use Excel, learn to use Excel formulas and functions, use Excel to calculate costs, Excel functions, learn Excel, calculate with Excel, how to use Excel formulas, how to use Excel functions, Dummies books on Excel