Four previous editions can’t be wrong: this book is the perfect introduction to 3D and Maya. Learn to build and animate your own digital models and scenes with step-by-step instruction and fun and practical examples, while you draw inspiration from the striking examples included from talented Maya users. You’ll create a simple animation of the planets in the solar system, learn to model a human hand and a decorative box—among other projects—and master all essential tools.
- Provides a thorough, step-by-step introduction to Maya 2011
- Explains the core concepts of CG and working in 3D
- Covers modeling, rigging, HDRI lighting, mental ray rendering, and more
- Provides project files on CD and walks you through the creation of several projects; the CD also includes images, movies, and scene files
- Includes a color insert with pages of striking examples from talented Maya beginners
Build your Maya and animation skills from the ground up with this practical, thorough guide.
Keywords: Maya 2011, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Maya 2011, 3D, animation, CG, CGI, computer graphics, beginning 3D, books by Dariush Derakhshani, books on Maya 2011, how to build and animate digital models, beginning animation, working in 3D, how to do rigging, how to do mental ray rendering, learning Maya, learn to use Maya