Peter Merriman traces the social and cultural histories and geographies of driving spaces through an examination of the design, construction and use of England’s M1 motorway in the 1950s and 1960s.
- A first-of-its-kind academic study examining the production and consumption of the landscapes and spaces of a British motorway
- An interdisciplinary approach, engaging with theoretical and empirical work from sociology, history, cultural studies, anthropology and geography
- Contains 38 high quality illustrations
- Based on extensive, original archive work
- Merriman, Peter
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- RGS-IBG Book Series
- Page amount
- 320 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN