- A fascinating and unique history of the Britons from the late Iron Age to the late Middle Ages.
- Describes the life, language and culture of the Britons before, during and after Roman rule.
- Examines the figures of King Arthur and Merlin and the evolution of a powerful national mythology.
- Proposes a new theory on the Anglo-Saxon settlement of Britain and the establishment of separate Brittonic kingdoms.
- Discusses revivals of interest in British culture and myth, from Renaissance antiquarians to modern day Druids.
Keywords: HISTORY / Medieval HIS037010