The Editors are well respected, both nationally and internationally, with over 20 years of experience in the field of public health microbiology, and have been involved in the development of food testing methods and microbiological criteria.
The Public Health Laboratory Service (PHLS) has provided microbiological advice and scientific expertise in the examination of food samples for more than half a century.
The third edition of Practical Food Microbiology:
- Includes a rapid reference guide to key microbiological tests for specific foods
- Relates microbiological assessment to current legislation and sampling plans
- Includes the role of new approaches, such as chromogenic media and phage testing
- Discusses both the theory and methodology of food microbiology
Covers new ISO, CEN and BSI standards for food examination
- Includes safety notes and hints in the methods
Keywords: MEDICAL / Infectious Diseases MED022090