Design of Peptides and Proteins provides an overview of the experimental and computational methods for peptide and protein design, with an emphasis on specific applications for therapeutics and biomedical research. Topics covered include:
- Computer modeling of peptides and proteins
- Design and synthesis of cyclic peptides
- Carbohydrates in peptide and protein design
- De novo design of peptides and proteins
- Medical development applications
- An extended case study – the design of insulin variants
Design of Peptides and Proteins presents the state-of-the-art of this exciting approach for therapeutics, with contributions from international experts. It is an essential resource for academic and industrial scientists in the fields of peptide and protein drug design, biomedicine, biochemistry, biophysics, molecular modelling, synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal/pharmaceutical chemistry.