This edition of the first title in the acclaimed Evidence & Experience series from the World Psychiatric Association has been fully revised and features a new section on depression in primary care – the main channel for the management of these disorders in countries around the world.
The format remains a systematic review of each topic, evaluating published evidence, complemented by up to six commentaries in which experts provide valuable insight gained from clinical experience.
- All the evidence, systematically reviewed and analysed, in one place.
- Practical context imparted in expert commentaries from around the world, which were highly popular in the previous edition.
- Provides an unbiased and reliable reference source for practising psychiatrists and physicians everywhere.
- Features a new section on the treatment of depression in primary care.
- Edited by a highly experienced, internationally renowned team.
This book will be informative and stimulating reading for everyone working with people with depressive disorders in all countries and settings: psychiatrists, psychologists, primary care physicians and other mental healthcare professionals.
Review of the first edition
“The discussion papers are excellent. I strongly recommend this masterfully edited book, which remarkably succeeds in combining research evidence and clinical experience. It is probably the most helpful update on depression available today, both for the researcher in mood disorders and the practising clinician.” S. Grandi in Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 2000