- examines the basics of digital image formation, highlighting points critical to the task of template matching;
- presents basic and advanced template matching techniques, targeting grey-level images, shapes and point sets;
- discusses recent pattern classification paradigms from a template matching perspective;
- illustrates the development of a real face recognition system;
- explores the use of advanced computer graphics techniques in the development of computer vision algorithms.
Template Matching Techniques in Computer Vision is primarily aimed at practitioners working on the development of systems for effective object recognition such as biometrics, robot navigation, multimedia retrieval and landmark detection. It is also of interest to graduate students undertaking studies in these areas.