Part of the successful ‘Diabetes in Practice’ series, Obesity and Diabetes Second Edition focuses on the link between diabetes and obesity, two of the most pressing health problems in the developed world. It covers topics ranging from the changing epidemiology of type 2 diabetes to an analysis of the principal causes of the metabolic syndrome.
- Includes new chapters on obesity management in ethnic minorities and obesity issues in the workplace
- Features many suggestions of practical value
- Describes a contemporary approach to the clinical assessment of obesity and its management in both primary and secondary care settings
- Covers emerging problems such as childhood “diabesity” and the impact of obesity on polycystic ovary syndrome
- All chapters have been updated
Obesity and Diabetes Second Edition addresses the management of obesity and diabetes in practical terms useful to clinicians with an interest in diabetes, both in primary and secondary care, general practitioners, paediatricians, endocrinologists and nutritionists, as well as to students and researchers interested in obesity.