- introduction to blood components and blood plasma proteins
- blood plasma protein domains, motifs and repeats
- blood plasma protein families and posttranslational modifications
- blood coagulation and fibrinolysis
- the complement system
- the immune system
- cytokines and growth factors
- transport and storage
The information of each protein discussed in this book in some detail is summarised at the end of each chapter in a Data Sheet, where one can find the most important data of each protein at one glance. Full cross-referencing to protein databases is given and many of the proteins discussed are accompanied by their 3D structure.
Attractively presented in full colour, Human Blood Plasma Proteins is an essential atlas of this proteome for anyone working in biochemistry, protein chemistry and proteomics, structural biology, and medicine.